IELTS BOOTCAMP DAY 16
1. Part 1 will last for approximately five minutes. The examiner will ask you about familiar topics such as your family, or likes and dislikes.
2. Look at the questions below on the topic of home, and think about how you would answer them.
Let’s talk about where you live:
- What do you like most about your home town/city? [Why?]
- Is your home town/city a popular place for tourists to visit? [Why/Why not?]
- Do you think your home town/city has changed much in recent years? [Why/Why not?]
4. Practise by answering the questions below. Record yourself if possible. Don’t use any notes or learn a prepared answer.
- What food is typical of your home country? Why do you think that is?
- Are there any special festivals or celebrations in your town/city? Can you tell me about that?
- What advice would you give to a visitor to your town/city? Why?
Your examiner will use four different criteria to assess your speaking level. One of these is Grammatical Range and Accuracy. To achieve a high score in this criterion, you need to use a range of tenses and structures accurately. In Part 1 of the Speaking test, you will be asked questions about two or three familiar topics. The questions will feature a variety of tenses.
- Let’s talk about music. How often do you listen to music? Why?
- So, do you prefer to buy CDs or download music from the internet?
- Have you always liked the same kind of music?
- And is there a musical instrument that you would like to learn to play?