IELTS BOOTCAMP DAY 19
1. Listen to how the examiner introduces Part 3. Complete the paragraph below. You may need to watch more than once.
3. Watch Emanuele answering the questions from Exercise 2. Match the extracts 1-8 from his answers to questions A-H.
4. Emanuele gave full answers to the questions. Look at these techniques for expanding on your answers in Part 3. Match the sentence beginning 1-6 to the correct technique.
5. The questions in Part 3 often ask for your opinion. Look at the questions l-5 and answer them in your own words. Make sure
you expand on your answer using techniques from Exercise 4.
- Do you think it’s more important to earn a large salary or to be happy in your job?
- Do you think some people spend too much time on their computers these days? (Why?)
- Do you think the government should try to control the internet, or should people be able to write whatever
- Pollution is a problem in many countries. What tin you think governments can do about it?
- Do you think newspapers and books will eventually disappear?
- Can you tell me some of the practical things that people can do to help their neighbours?
- Why should neighbours help each other?
- Do you think that people in small towns help each other more than people in cities?
- So why don’t they do the same in cities?
- Let’s go on and think about attitudes towards helping other people. Some people don’t want to help other people – why don’t you think that is?
- Do you think that the governments have a responsibility to help people?
- Do you think that some people deserve more help than others?