IELTS BOOTCAMP DAY 22
IELTS Writing Task 1 presents you with visual information that you need to describe.
1. Label examples of visial information 1-6 with words A-F.
2. Complete the gaps with the words below.
bar chart line graph key column pie chart table segment horizontal axis title bar vertical axis line row
3. This description of the graph contains eight mistakes. Underline the mistakes. (Be careful about the data and number accuracy)
4. Let’s practice writing an introduction
You need to write an introductory statement for your description. For this, it is particularly important to use your own words instead of copying words and phrases directly from the question. You can do this by
- using a synonym of the words in the question.
- changing the form of a word e.g. changing a verb into a noun).
5. Look at these extracts from Writing Task l questions, and candidates’ introductory statements. Replace the underlined words in the candidates’ answers with a suitable phrase from the box to improve the range of vocabulary.
- how many
- a group of people of a range of ages
- the countries they come from
- the number of vehicles on the road
- have taken courses at
- different sports prefered by
- how much people spent