Listening: Section 1
- You hear a conversation between two people on a social or practical topic.
- In this section only, you are given an example at the beginning.
- You write your answers on the question paper while you listen.
Spelling and numbers
1. Correct EACH WORD in the task. Write out the words to your vocabulary if you’ve made some mistakes there.
2. You may be asked to write letter or numbers in the IELTS test. Listen to the recording and spell out the names of the people below.
3. Listen to the recording and write the numbers and dates.
Fishing for specific information
4. Think about the kind of information that you will need for each gap, e.g. an address or telephone number.
If you feel the need to practice the numbers more, do this exercise. It will allow you to master your listening skill and work on understanding of big numbers.
Do grammar and vocabulary exercises in the following few days.