Unit 4 I Lesson 15:
1. Listen to the instructions the examiner gives at the start of Speaking Part 2 and choose the correct answer.
2. Look at the task the examiner gave the student.
Speaking Part 1.
- Do you usually go on holiday every year?
- Do you prefer to go to cities or the countryside?
- Do you like to travel alone or with other people?
- Why do people like to travel?
Speaking Part 2.
Describe an exciting journey you once took.
You should say:
- when and where you went on the journey;
- what kind of transport you used;
- what happened on the journey.
and explain what you remember most about the journey
3. Before recording your answer look at the right column and let the information in the table help you to prepare. Use the linkers below:
until / once / whether / in order to / yet / while / since
Complete this table with your own ideas, then practise asking and answering the questions with a partner.
When and where you went on the journey
What kind of transport you used
What happened on the journey
And explain what you remember most about the journey
3. Read and complete the conversation from IELTS Speaking Part 3. Use the words in the box.
4. It’s important not to run out of things to say in the IELTS Speaking test. Complete the table with some words and phrases you can use to develop a conversation.
5. Read the examiner’s questions. Choose the correct words and phrases to complete the student’s answers.
6. Watch the video of a student doing IELTS Speaking Part 3. Find and correct the student’s mistakes. There are eight mistakes.
7. You are going to do IELTS Speaking Part 3. Listen to the examiner and write down the question you hear.
8. Answer the questions and record your answers.