Unit 1: Lesson 3
1. Are the following statements True or False? Choose the correct answers.
Types of charts
2. Look at the different ways of showing information (A-E) and match them with their names below.
pie chart line graph diagram table bar chart
3. Complete the gaps with the words below.
bar chart line graph key column pie chart table segment horizontal axis title bar vertical axis line row
4. Look at the example of how the introduction sentence is written.
A. The graph shows the change in the number of people from abroad who visited Townsville, Queensland, over a four-year period.
Vocabulary and structures
5. Complete the table using the adverbs from the box.
Consistently sharply gradually moderately substantially dramatically slowly rapidly
WRITING TASK 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The chart gives information on the percentage of women going into higher education in five countries for the years 1970 and 2005.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
Include this writing in your homework in a separate google file.
The file attached is for copying only. Please create your own file. DO NOT write anything in the file attached as other participant will be using it as well.